12.26.2011

Thankful O Lord, for your Love and Grace

Many people know of the CD "The Story" and have heard the song Be Born In Me. We all relate to this, I assume, those of us that it means something to anyway. This song is so powerful, yet simple. The lyrics more than definitely mean something to me. I don't for a second think that I am like Mary, virgin, innocent, worthy of anything, etc. however isn't that the whole point of "The Story." I literally sat in bed listening to the lyrics over and over the night I heard the song Be Born In Me. I bawled and sat in prayer for about 2 solid hours and it was the turning point in my life. I realized how much I really was so eager and needy for order and how much being put in God's light made me want to run and hide because, for very selfish reasons, I had been living for "my plan" and on my own terms and for myself. I was at rock bottom spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally. I knew I needed God, but my stubbornness and selfish ways kept me from a life with him in it. To say I was living in sin would be an understatement. I was inviting it in and asking for more, so I could be in control. At that moment in my room listening to the words, the POWERFUL words to that song I realized how out of order my life really was, and how much I was crying on the inside for it. How much the Holy Spirit had burdened my heart and how much I had ignored it. I saw that only when my heart was on its' knees before the GOD of the UNIVERSE was I truly fulfilled and satisfied in EVERY way. I realized that God had a bigger plan for my life than what I was doing with it, and only in His Plan can I ever find REAL Satisfaction.

As I laid there listening to they lyrics I just kept asking "Why?" "Why in the world would you bless me and choose me?" "Why would you give me the talent and blessings you gave me, when I deserve none of them, not even a tiny, minute ounce of what you have given me, why did you bless me with them?" and I kept saying "Thank You" because it was the only thing I could manage to get out. Thank you, Lord, for choosing me, for blessing me, for sending your son so that i would be afforded the opportunity to be a part of THE KINGDOM OF GOD, for allowing me the option to have a hope, and a life full of abundance that is unimaginably fulfilling. Thank you for saving me. In Ephesians 1:4-5 it says,"Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." THANK YOU GOD for choosing us and for wanting to bring me to you through your son!

In Romans 8:28-31 the word says, "And we KNOW in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose. For those he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed in the image of his son, that he might be the first born among many brothers and sisters and those he predestined he also called, those he called he also justified, those he also justified he also glorified. What then shall we say in response to these things, if God is for us, who can be against us?"

I am so thankful that I serve a living God who has called me and who chose me to be a part of a holy family that has the Power through Christ to make mountains move and who predestined, called, justified, and glorified his children.

I am so thankful to have an opportunity to glorify him through the song & music he gave me. To worship a MIGHTY SAVIOR who picked me up & adopted me out of sin and made me new in him that I might be able to further His kingdom with the gifts he has given me. My prayer tonight as I lay here thinking how much I don't deserve him, but am so thankful for Him is that I am so thankful for Jesus Christ, and for the order and hope He has brought into my life. I hope to be a vessel for the Lord and may the Lord keep my heart humble and keep an attitude of service for the Lord in me always. Always keep me walking in your plan God, I am here for a reason and that is your will.

Those walking with the Lord, it is not an easy road, but a hard one. It is not a temporary satisfaction or gratification, but a full and abundant life in Christ that is unimaginable with joy in knowing this is not our home, but while we're here, we are to do his work.

Lacy Meeker: Be Born In Me 12/24/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment