2.25.2012

Words that Speak to Me: Here (Kari Jobe)

Come and rest here
Come and lay your burdens down
Come and rest here
There is refuge for you now
You'll find his peace and know you're not alone, anymore
He is near
You'll find his healing
Your heart isn't shattered, anymore
He is here
Breathe In
Breathe Out
You will,
You will find him here
I will rest in you
Lyrics by: Kari Jobe


I was having such a hard time praying the other night, I don't really know why, sometimes I just feel that way. Either I am too stressed or I just have literally thousands of random things on my mind and I can't even process any of it. I felt like I couldn't even focus enough to say a prayer. Then on a playlist I made this song started playing as I had my eyes closed just sitting here trying to focus.

I started listening, of course, because I'm too ADD not to shift my focus to it. As she started singing I just started thinking how true the lyrics are, how simply and absolutely truthful they are. Then when I heard the words "he is here," a peace came over me and I started singing "he is here" over and over, until it became "you are here, Lord you are here." It was like the barrier of endless thoughts and sounds just stopped and all I heard were the words to the song.

I started thinking about the verse, Psalm 46:10 "He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." I felt like God had opened a door and said come in. Come and lay everything you have, all the thoughts racing through your head, all the sounds around you, everything, lay it on me. I am here. I am near. You just have to breathe in and know, that I am here. I felt like all my burdens had been lifted off my shoulders and out of my heart.

I know this is not the first time I have had a thousand things on my mind or that I have had to realize that he is here, and he is always here. It was just such an awesome reminder in a moment when I needed it, that when I get all caught up in life, all caught up in my thoughts to where my head is going to explode if I don't do something with all of them, he is always here. And sometimes I need a reminder. Sometimes I need to just still be still, breathe in and breath out and know that he is near. Know he is here.

He promises us in Jeremiah 29:13 " You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." It's amazing to me that when we wholeheartedly are seeking him, he breaks down everything in our way and reveals himself to us. It doesn't matter the block or the barrier. It doesn't matter what it is that confines our little minds and hearts, all we have to do is seek him and we will be found in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment