8.28.2013

Empty Words

Sometimes my brother and I like to have spontaneous jam sessions. He busts out the guitar and I bust out into a prayer through song. Here is one that we had recorded on our phones just in case any good song lyrics were to come out of the spontaneity. This time, just a prayer that I pray constantly:


Lord, I come to You
Heal my heart and make me new
Lord I want to worship You
With everything I say 
With everything I do 
Don't let these be empty words
Don't let my heart grow weary
but when it does and if I do 
I will remain in the state of praising You
My God I will praise You

Through the hard times and through the pain
through all my tears you bring the rain
and put a smile on this humbled face
thank you Jesus

Don't let these be empty words
I wanna praise You
I wanna praise You
God, You are the maker of all things new
& You are working to make me whole in You

Jesus come be my words*
Jesus come be my actions*
Please don't let anything I say 
Be empty words but use me everyday
in every way in every single thing I say
Jesus use me, make useful to 
the Kingdom of our God and Savior
Kingdom of our Lord 
Thank You Jesus that I'm an heir of yours
One day coming to live with You
In my home where there's no more empty words

Jesus make me whole in You
Clean my heart, clean my mind, clean my soul
Don't let me use any empty words
But only praise You in everything I do
Absolutely everything I do
Use me Jesus
Work through me 
Use me God
to further Your love.


Comforting scripture about His timing:   Acts 1:6-8

So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring Israel?"
He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs[1] which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

*I changed a few words as I have listened again, and written it out as a daily prayer of mine. Side note, I love rain and we were outside on the porch swing (in the middle of a kind of rough day) I prayed on my way over to the swing that the Lord would just bring something wonderful to that day…and rain! (0: He is so good to provide for our every need and in just the perfect timing. His timing which is fixed by His authority. Isn't that just so wonderful! (0:


[1] epochs:> seasons




Want to listen? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment