12.10.2013

New Recipe Tuesday: Hot Cider Recipe


When we were growing up my mom made hot apple cider EVERY Christmas! It was our "thing" if she didn't make it it didn't feel like Christmas. I have had well, I would venture to say hundreds of cups of cider in my life and I have decided this is my favorite recipe, for five reasons:
  1. It's the Easiest and Fastest way to make it
  2. It's the Cheapest way to make it
  3. It's incredibly yummy!
  4. It can be made in single servings or in a large pot
  5. It's got some give or take ingredients
Here are the basic ingredients:
  1. Apple Juice
  2. Red Hots
  3. Cinnamon Sticks 
Optional ingredients:
  1. Red or green apple slices
  2. Nutmeg
  3. Whipped Cream
  4. Caramel
Instructions for SINGLE Serving:
  1. Heat in a coffee cup on High the apple juice for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
  2. Add Red Hots and stir until they are almost dissolved.
  3. Grab a Cinnamon Stick and stir for about 20 seconds. 
  4. Leave it to sit a cool with cinnamon stick in the cup for about 2 minutes.
  5. Enjoy! (I keep the stick in my cup while I'm drinking it..it's more fun and gets richer the further down the cup you get)
Instructions for 12 cup Serving:
  1. Pour Apple Juice into your coffee pot (this is based on 12 cups) 
  2. Then put it into the place that you normally would put the water in.
  3. In a coffee filter add 1 Tbs. of red hots and 2-6 (depending on your preference) Cinnamon sticks broken in half
  4. Turn coffee pot on and enjoy!
Option Ingredient Usage:

When I have the time and patience I like to add a sliver of an apple into my cider and leave it until the end and eat it!

I try not to because I like to watch my calories (not all the time, but with home made drinks I do) but I add whipped cream then drizzle on caramel and sprinkle on a tiny bit of nutmeg on top! Mmmmm! 


I hope you enjoy your easy, cheap, yummy hot cider! 


Side Note:
Make sure and clean out the coffee pot as soon as it is all gone. It becomes extremely sticky and hard to clean if not. I also filter through another 12 cups of water, no filter, after making apple cider to make sure the machine doesn't get sticky too!




 photo bannerfans_7519003.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment