2.21.2012

What a Day



Wow! What a day. I woke up this morning upset with myself because I haven't read my bible in a few days. To some people this might not seem like a huge deal, it's just a couple days. However to me it's a HUGE deal. It's not just reading. It's soaking in God's word. It's taking in His truths and promises and learning more about Him.

I did a load of reading today. Not to make up for the past couple days even, but because I just felt like reading. I have been in one of my "thinking stages." Those are the times when I spend a lot of time to myself even in the midst of a mass of people constantly in my life. I retreat to a place in my mind that no body else has access to.

I have been learning so much about our Lord and how just and how loving all at the same time he is. I have been learning that by submitting to his will and serving him in obedience; he doesn't just do a work in me over night. It's not just a rush or a spiritual high you get every once in a while or after an awesome bible study or camp. It's a life long journey in learning how he shows me things. It's how he teaches me things and gives me a glimpse of myself through his eyes. It's him being a holy father and a friend day in and day out. It's learning to go to him in every hour not just in hard times or in great. It's going to him in the in between times. It's learning to always be ready for him to show me new things. It's learning to forgive myself always because he always does. It's leaning on him and praising him in ALL things. It's literally adapting and evolving as he molds me into exactly who he wants me to be. It's hard. It is by no means easy. But it's also the best thing I could do with my life. I am so thankful for the lessons I learned today. I will go into detail to the actual lessons I am learning soon. But for right now, it's too much on my brain to put into words. He is doing a work in me like never before and I am excited like never before. I'm excited for the path he has for me. I am ready Lord. Take my hand, and lead me on.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photo and thoughts! love the name of your blog. reminds me of this:
    Ephesians 1:4-5 (ESV) Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... God is so good! That is one of my favorite verses and you are so right though that's exactly where the name comes from so I can't really take credit lol (0: anyways, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete