4.11.2013

Thankful Thursday: Harold O. Meeker

Harold O'dell and Elwanda Meeker
(Stylin' in 2012)

Around Christmas this year I read a post that talked about finding something everyday to be thankful for. I decided that I would write something down, big or small, to be thankful for every single day this year. I have to admit that in my selfishness, I forgot to when I started getting stressed out about some things just going on in life. So I decided that I would start "Thankful Thursdays" as a weekly reminder that I do have a lot to be thankful for. When I am stressed out or just not having the greatest week, I have been blessed beyond what I can possibly fathom and need to be reminded of that.

Today I am thankful for a chance to live in a place where I can freely proclaim the name of Jesus. I can freely share the Gospel and have a relationship with the God who created me. I am thankful that God has blessed me and given me things to be thankful for, and changed my perspective on what a true blessing is. Today on this wonderful Thursday I am thankful for a heritage that has taught me who Jesus is. I am thankful for my amazing grand-father, Harold O'dell Meeker. Today is his 89th birthday, and the blessing and excitement for this day is all mine. He was the youngest fighter pilot in the Marines in WWII and fought in other wars back in the day to allow me to live in the freedom I was talking about. I'm thankful the Lord has blessed me with a grand-father who loves God more than anything and has taught his family the same. He has taught us that a relationship with the Father only comes through the Son and it is the most precious relationship a person could ever have. I know, because I know the Lord. I had to come to a place in my life where I took ownership of that relationship and sought the Lord on my own and not just on my family's word. But I am so thankful that I did and I pray that others today on this wonderful Thursday would have the great blessing of knowing Jesus as well. Happy Thankful Thursday to everyone reading this! I pray that the Lord blesses you and that He reveals new things to you to be thankful for today.

Happy Birthday PawPaw I am thankful for you!

1 comment: