7.16.2013

And They're Off!

They're headed to India! Yesterday we all met early in the afternoon, before they had to leave for the airport and prayed over them. It was so awesome to see how many people, students especially, came to pray with the team before we sent them out. 
Rebekah Gibson #photocred 
Yesterday at around 5 o'clock they rolled off of the runway. I have such mixed emotions about this trip. I am so excited for them and my heart is seriously so happy that they are going to share the Gospel and spread the Good News to people about Jesus. But all at the same time I seriously already miss them and I'm sad I'm not with them and I wish I was there or they were all here still. This is the first real trip that Caleb has taken that I haven't been with him, and I didn't think (because we're both kind of "loners" or we like our alone time) that I would miss him so much, but it hasn't even been a day yet, and I do. I think part of why I do is because he is in another country right now. He's on a different time schedule, in another time zone and it feels like they're all in another world, far far away from here (please excuse my annoying, childish, sulky self today). Okay, stopping all of that, I did get to FaceTime with them this morning (afternoon for them) and I they got there safe and God has shown his wonderful provision over and over in preparation for this trip and He has been so good to take care of them so far and I know He will continue to and I am so excited about the work He is going to do in and through each and every one of them while they're in India. God is so good! And faithful and wonderful and awesome! He is the great provider of everything we could ever need, and I know He will meet every need of each of them on this trip. I am praying for the hearts of the people of India to be softened and open so that when they see and hear the Word in and through the team God will give them the understanding they need to accept Him as their personal Lord and Savior. Praying for salvation, keeping in mind that God hears the cries of His children and answers according to His perfect will! Gosh! That's good news! 


I am blown away this morning, by our perfect and wonderful God who is always good to us and mindful of us and loves with perfect love. I pray that the people that the team ministers to in India will know and comprehend that perfect love that is mindful of them! I hope and pray that you too, if you are reading this you understand, as well, He loves you and cares about you. Wherever you are, wherever you've been, and wherever you're going He doesn't care. He wants to be a part of it and He wants to bless you and love you and have a relationship with you. 

Jim, Jenny, Hailey, Caleb, Corbin, Trace
The team of wonderful Jesus lovin' people who are all so passionate about spreading the Word of God and the Truth about Jesus Christ to everyone! 
Please keep them all in your prayers over the next week. 


"But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,"
Acts 3:19-20



No comments:

Post a Comment