12.17.2013

Christmas Cranberry Cobbler Crunch


Okay, truthfully, this was an accidental recipe. I was in a time crunch at one of my friends houses way out in the country and everyone who was coming to our College Christmas party was already there or already too far out of town for me to feel comfortable asking them to pick up something. So, instead of having cranberry sauce out of the can just laid out on a plate, I improvised. I needed a holiday dessert to go with the big holiday dinner and this is it. I don't know if anyone else like it but I am a LOVER of cranberries and I fell in love. I hope you do too! 

Ingredients:

  1. Yellow Cake Mix (out of a box)
  2. 1 Stick of Margarine
  3. 1 Can of Jellied Cranberry Sauce
  4. 1 Can of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
  5. Cinnamon and Sugar (Equal Parts Mixed together)
  6. Crushed up Walnuts

Instructions:

  1. In a normal cake pan mash Jellied Cranberry Sauce and Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce together.
  2. Sprinkle cake mixture over top of cranberries covering the entire top (there may be a few little holes and that's okay)
  3. Add a stick of margarine in small 1/8 inch slices all across the top of the cake mix leaving about 1/2 an inch between slices
  4. Scatter Walnuts on top ( I usually do half with and half without the Walnuts)
  5. Bake at 350ยบ for 20 minutes (time varies from oven to oven, occasionally I leave it in for closer to  35 minutes to make it REALLY crispy on top). 
  6. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream…if your into that sort of thing.
Enjoy! Have a merry merry Christmas! 

 photo bannerfans_7519003.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment