12.21.2013

Thankful Thursday: Little Leo

First, I want to apologize for not posting a Pin-Wednesday yesterday. It has been a crazy two weeks. Today I am so thankful for my little Leo. He had the worst Sunday I could imagine. I had to be gone pretty much all day, and when I came home I just had a horrible feeling about him. It was the weirdest thing ever. I opened the door and I didn't see him in his normal spot looking for me when I come home. I told myself not to panic and went to open the back door. No Leo. So I hopped out the door as fast as I could hollering for him as loud as I could. I couldn't hardly see anything because of the shadows from the trees. I saw that the fence had been pushed down and there was a gap that he'd torn up under my house that hadn't been there that morning. My first thought was that he had gotten out and ran away or something. Then I saw his little feet and the wire hanging over the fence. I screamed ( it was the most high pitch scared to death, bloody murder scream I have ever let out) as if I had just seen a dead person. I thought when I got closer to him I was going to see him strangled in the wire. My whole heart sank and I think from the shock my whole body went numb and I ran as fast as I could to him ( I wasn't even supposed to be walking on my foot) When I got to him I realized that he had broken part of the fence and gotten his little leg caught in the wires on the other side of the fence. He was sitting upright with that front leg sticking straight out. I went and got him untangled and he was limping on it like he had no feeling in that leg. I was hysterically crying this entire time, screaming as loud as I could hoping someone in my family could hear me, and thinking how absolutely awful all of it was.

Now, since getting him to the vet and after learning that he had nerve damage on his leg we are going through with some treatment options. I am sad that he has to be in a cast for 6 weeks and that we have some big decisions to make for him in the near future, but I am praying God heals him and he gets his little leg's nerves back. I am just so thankful that it was only his leg that got caught in the wires. I am thankful that he is still here and still being as ornery and as cute as ever.



 photo bannerfans_7519003.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment