5.06.2013

Liebster Blog Award Nomination

Oh My Word! I am so excited! Abbi from Seasons of a Homemaker has nominated me for a Liebster Award.

First, I just want to say a huge Thank You to her for spending the time to do so. Second, I want to say that if you haven't already clicked the link to go check her out you should! She has great printables! She also has great recipes. You would enjoy reading her About Me. She's different and cool and is true to herself and as a fellow blogger and Christian, I love that about her. The most interesting fact about her is her "ratties". You will have to read her bio to understand, but I thought it was cool.

Second, some of you probably don't even know what a Liebster Blog Award is. Well, until I started blogging I didn't either. Honestly I didn't fully understand it until I got nominated and started reading up on it. The word "Liebster" is German for "Sweetheart" or "Dearest." This originated from a German blogger and I can't remember now when exactly the first one was posted, but it was for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 3,000 followers. It has oddly enough been morphed into an award that has stuck to some basic guidelines from some random point when it was changed to now. Basically it is NOT an award that is given by judges and a panel of experts on the subject of blogging, rather it is an award from blogging peers who consider you worth giving an award to for your blogger personality. It is now for bloggers with less than 200 followers who have potential. The main point and why I am so excited about it , is that it is an award to share love and build community with other bloggers. So again, THANK YOU Abbi!


The basic procedure of the Liebster award is to do as follows:

  • Thank your nominator! Include a link back to their blog with your appreciation
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the award--no tag backs!
  • Come up with your own set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Let your nominees know you nominated them so they can pass it on

11 Questions from Abbi

Why did you start your blog? What were your goals? 
I started blogging to share my testimony of how God had rescued me from utter darkness and into His marvelous light, and He can and wants to do the same for YOU!
Who are your blogging role models?
Honestly, I don't know that I have a blogging role model. The lady from Faithful Bloggers is who I would have to say because she trusted the Lord completely in using her blog for His kingdom and glory. But, I know there are many bloggers who do the same and who love the Lord and desire to bring Him glory, so I would just say all the bloggers who are blogging because it is a way to make Him famous.
Your perfect day would be?
It would be misty rainy, not humid, and breezy. I would spend it with my family and have my quiet time outside in the wedding garden or in the greenhouse. OR road trip with the normal road trip peeps, because I love them all so much, and use that time in gas stations and stops to tell people who we are about (JESUS) and let them know we love them too!
Food you would pack for one year?
Ice Cream, Coffee, Mac-N-Cheese, Sushi, Mexican food, and Chocolate
Favorite quote?
"If you believe that Jesus is who He says He is, your life will radically change"
Blog post or posts your proud of?
Honestly I don't think I have one that I am just extremely proud of. I always tell people about this one because it's my story
What made you fall in love with your husband?
Well, I am not married yet, so that would be a difficult question to answer. I do, however, have a boyfriend whom I hope one day becomes my husband, that I love with all my heart. He has shown me over and over grace, and love, and mercy. He loves people and truly loves people (I pray that the Lord would give me even just half the heart he has for people) the way Christ loves people. I am not saying he is perfect, because none of us are, but He loves the Lord and desires to live his life according to the living, breathing, Word of God and in relationship with Him. He is the most amazing human being I have ever met. He is weird, and quirky, but is the man that God created him to be and wears that as a banner for everyone to see (not in the annoying showy way, but because the Spirit of God truly rests on him). He accepts and loves me for me, and I am positive that's not an easy task. He is truly a blessing from our precious Lord. 
Money was no object and you already had the education necessary, what would you do when you grew up? 
I would write books, a few different types. I would write books about how the Lord has the power to change people's lives and I would also want to research neuroscience and forensics then write text books for Forensic Science and Psychology classes. OR I would have skipped school and traveled and sang
Guilty pleasure?
Ice Cream
Favorite charity to donate to? Why?
I honestly don't know. I think if money were no object I would donate all of it to kids wanting to go on mission trips to tell people about Jesus and love on them. I didn't love missions or even care to go on any big trips when I was younger, but throughout the past few years, I have seen the difference in other's lives that it makes and even in my own and I truly think that everyone should go when the have opportunities to go. 
What is the BEST thing about you? 
That Jesus Christ lives in me. 
11 Facts about Lacy
  1. I love Jesus!
  2. I am an awful painter but I love doing it
  3. I don't do it often anymore, but I love running
  4. My middle name is spelled like a boys name
  5. Occasionally coffee does run through my veins
  6. I have had 3 major surgeries in my life
  7. I don't have a twin sister (0:
  8. I just opened up an etsy store on May 1 with one of my greatest friends Olivia
  9. I over use the word creeper and creepy
  10. I don't like wearing shoes
  11. My favorite colors are yellow and green (Not because of Baylor...sorry)

And my nominees are:
Drumroll please...
Rebekah over here at Two Become One
Abby over here at Pan Y Colada
Val over here at The Daily Distraction
Olivia over here at Simply O
Libby over here at Her Chic Boutique
Danica over here at Good Heart
Becky over here at Two in Love

11 Questions from Lacy
  1. Why do you blog?
  2. Is your main job blogging or do you have a "real job"?
  3. If you could only eat one thing forever it would be____
  4. Describe yourself in 6 words.
  5. What is your cure for "bloggers block"?
  6. What is the best book you have ever read?
  7. Weird question: If you were something in nature ( tree, flower, cloud, star) what would you be and why?
  8. What is your favorite kind of music and why?
  9. What has been your favorite trip to ever take?
  10. Do you have a favorite lifetime memory? What is it?
  11. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted, money is no object, what would you do? Why?

Again, Thank you Abbi for the nomination! I am looking forward to hearing all the responses. If you got nothing else out of this post I hope you got this. Jesus loves you and desires a relationship with you!  Any questions about that, I can attempt to clear up or dig deeper with you into feel free to ask! 





No comments:

Post a Comment