5.09.2013

Thankful Thursday: Higher Praise

I am so thankful for the gift of music and the ability the Lord has given me to sing. I am aware that He is the giver of all things, including our abilities. The mere fact that He has entrusted us and equipped each of us with different abilities in order to bring Him praise, glory, and honor leaves me in awe. Not that it's anything we do, rather what He does through us in our obedience to do what He calls us to. We are so unworthy and yet we're used for His kingdom. I am so blown away by that.

Seriously, think about that...
I love these people more than I can explain.
Moving on to what I had intended to say and the reason I brought up music and singing. One of the reasons I am thankful for the ability to sing is that I get to be a part of choir. I am so incredibly thankful for our NSBC Higher Praise choir. I know that we aren't the only choir who really and truly seeks to glorify God or be a true representation of Jesus, in all, the choir room, on the stage, and our day to day lives. However, I also know that there are a lot who do honestly "miss it." I am so thankful for the heart of the people The Lord has been so gracious to bless me with. The blessing of worshiping with them and spending time in true fellowship with them is so amazing. I am thankful for Bro. Gary and his heart and how he doesn't have to always harp on the music stuff because he's more concerned with Jesus. He s more concerned with talking about what God is doing in each others lives, and sharing with us what the Lord is doing in his. Yesterday he talked about how the music he listened to in the choir room before we all got there ministered to him. And it wasn't because of the music either, but because the Spirit of God lives in him and the lyrics and musical arrangements that others who love Christ have written just move him. I am also thankful for everyone who fills in for him when he's not feeling great or he's out because he's going where God calls him. 

I am just thankful to be surrounded by people who really and truly and honestly desire to make His name famous. I am thankful God has given us eyes to see and ears to hear. It's a blessing like no other, that's an understatement. The crazy and awesome thing is that He is still working in all of us revealing new things to us daily. Today I am thankful for God's love, His blessings, and His provisions. I am thankful that He has revealed Himself to us and continues to daily until the day that we will be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment