5.23.2013

Thankful Thursday: Prayer

My little (huge) puppy woke up at the wonderful hour of 4 a.m. this morning. I was so mad, but I got up and let him out of his bed. He was a little wound up this morning, I'm not sure why, but I let him out in the living room and he just jumped around and played and bounced back and forth across the room. He is so funny when he does that. Then he got tired and he came and laid his little head on my pillow and almost fell asleep standing up. So cute! I got him to lay down and he fell back to sleep so I also went back to sleep. I woke up about 6:30-7ish I am not sure exactly because my phone was dead and the clock we have on the wall is just for looks. When I did wake up the first thought that came to mind was literally, "I am so thankful for prayer." I repeated it a few times to myself and just sat there and started praying and telling the Lord that I am so thankful that I get to speak with Him directly and just being thankful for Jesus making that possible for me.

Last night I wrote a story for children trying to explain the greatness of how even here and now we get to experience God and and we get to have a relationship with Him even though we don't see Him, He is a living God who is always working in our lives and loves us and we get to know Him because of Jesus who is now our high priest ( and of course the Word). It just makes me so excited! So I guess I just had that on my mind and I had just been thinking about the awesome power there is in prayer. The amazing fact that through prayer we get to speak with our Heavenly Father and if we just sit for a minute and think about it, prayer really is an awesome and supernatural thing that we are so blessed to have, that He created as a way of communication with Him. Crazy cool! I am thankful for not only prayer, but that He makes things, like prayer, fresh and newly wonderful to us. So on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for prayer! The wonderful way that we get to communicate with the God of the universe who spoke everything into being and breathed life onto this earth. We used to say how crazy awesome or cool God is and works ( I still say it because well, to our little human minds it seems crazy -good crazy),  but my sister is always so good to point out, it's not crazy, it's perfect. He is perfect! So perfectly awesome! Awe! 

Take just a minute and reflect on these few verses today:

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 4:15-16

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9

But certainly God has heard;
He has given heed to the voice of my prayer.
Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer

Nor His lovingkindness from me.

Psalm 66:19-20


No comments:

Post a Comment