5.25.2013

Tomorrow Tomorrow

SO READY!

I can NOT wait until tomorrow. Okay, today is pretty fun too!

My family is here at the ranch for the weekend, because we have our reunion. I got a half waffle half pancake sausage sandwich for breakfast, so it's started out good. Then, Jodie, the most precious little four year old girl EVER has painted my toenails approximately 4 times now and I have orange, lime green, yellow, blue, pink, and orange polish on. It's pretty exciting. She keeps calling me "Libby" and talking about "Lacy." She told me this morning that me and my sister look just alike. Shocking! Not!

My grandmother is in her robe in the kitchen, talking loud enough for me to hear her from the stage at the opposite side of the retreat center. The only thing this morning lacks is coffee. I am too cold to get up and go get a cup. You know that feeling when you're freezing cold and you really want to get up and go get a sweat shirt or blanket or cup of coffee, but you're too cold to get up and actually do it? That's where I am at right now.

I have to admit, when my entire family comes out here I get a little bit stressed, but I love them all so much. I love the reunion, even if I don't always say so. The sound of dominoes, the aunts literally "cackling" over who knows what, Aunt Nan hollering at somebody something that makes no sense, Elwanda's "Woohooo! Mornin!" PawPaw clearing his throat, Brenda, well she's Brenda, you would just have to meet her. It seems like there is always someone having a baby, getting married, or about to graduate from something, so that's always a background subject of conversation. It makes me realize how much I miss Uncle Tom. He's usually grunting at the domino table.

Back to tomorrow: We leave for CANADA! I'm not exactly sure what we are doing there, but I know that the Lord has called me to go and be an encouragement, and work. Whatever that means, I am excited. I can't wait to meet Lisa in person. I have only seen her on Skype. My dad and Lady B were so awesome yesterday to figure out how we can get wifi on our 40 hour drive, so that's pretty exciting I can blog as we go and tell you all about it. I'm pretty excited about the snacks we will have on this trip too, because there are always left overs from the snack table at the reunion. Yum!

Tomorrow night we are stopping at Caleb's parents house and I can't wait to see them either. His sister is there too! I love his family so much! It is seriously no wonder that He is as great as he is. I hope all of you are having a blessed and fun Saturday. I am going to go play English Muffin now, before Aunt Nan gripes at me for being on my computer again.



No comments:

Post a Comment