6.16.2013

Father's Day: Weirdy's

So this Father's Day has been tough to stay awake. We just got back from New Orleans. I didn't have any time to shop, etc. Thankfully, I have a new book that I am hoping my dad will love called "I AM."


A few years ago we got a song called, "I AM" in choir. I haven't ever seen a song mean so much to my dad. That was in a really rough time for our family and I am assuming that it meant to him, what the song meant to me. We both loved it! The lyrics say this:

I am the Lord, I'm the Almighty God;
And I am the one for which nothing is too hard.
I am the Shepherd, and I am your Door;
I am the Good News to the bound and the poor.

I am Jehovah, I am the King;
I am the Messiah, I am David's offspring.
I am your High Priest, I am the Christ,
I am the Resurrection, I am the Life.

I am the bread, I am the wine;
I am your future, so leave your past behind.
I am the one in the midst of two or three
I am your tabernacle, I am your Jubilee.
I am



Because my dad loved it so much, for Christmas two years ago I made him a CD and that song was on it. IF you promise not to judge you can listen here. I'm planning on giving it to him along with a note about the song that I wrote him, just thanking him for being a strong and firm foundation for our family in the midst of some of the hardest times in our my lives and in my life . And don't misunderstand me please, my dad is an amazing dad, but he isn't Superman. He is a child of the King and because of that I have been able to see my dad grow and seen his walk with the Lord change into a dependence on the Lord. I saw his walk with God change drastically and it's seriously amazing. I saw my dad in the midst of when a lot of people lose it, hold it together and rely on the Lord to play mom and dad. Not because he was just this super strong guy, but because He was a follower of Christ. He relied on the Lord. It was and still is awesome to watch a parent so dependent on God and give his whole life to serve our King. And whew! What an amazing God we serve who takes care of all of our needs and blesses us. An amazing God who carries us through all of our storms. I saw my dad lean on the Lord as his rock when the mountains were crumbling before him and beside him and underneath him, but he stood on the firm foundation he had in Christ. We still don't agree on things, and I am just like him, so we bud heads more than anyone else in the family. But I love my dad so much! I couldn't have asked for a better dad! I would go on, but I'm crying too much writing this that it's getting hard to see. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me beyond what I could ever deserve with such a wonderful and amazing earthly father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment