6.09.2013

New Orleans Bound


Caleb and I are in the fourth people mover bringing up the rear headed to New Orleans. We have the high school boys..drama..haha thankfully no drama! I love it. They just have intense slap jack games and naps.  





I am so excited for this trip. I am going to miss Gary so much this year. Last night I was on the phone with my sister and we agreed that it was weird getting ready and being in different places this summer not traveling together. She made me laugh and cry at the same time because nothing could ever replace Gary’s “I Smile” faces and his “This is the Stuff” steering wheel pose. I am going to miss that this year, but it will be good, God’s got a plan and a purpose in it all.

I don’t know why I am so excited about it this year other than I just have this peace that the Lord has given me that this is exactly where we are supposed to go and serve. I don’t honestly feel that way and I can honestly say that I have been on a trip or two that I didn’t feel called to, I promised myself on the last one that I was going to not ever do that again. I most definitely feel called to be headed out today to New Orleans. I am so excited about the work the Lord is going to do not only in the lives of the people we meet or sing to, but in these students. My prayer is that His glory is without a doubt shone and that He moves through these kids lives in specific ways to them that only He can and just reveals Himself to EVERYONE we have appointments with and all of us as well. He is faithful to do and I believe He will. Also that He builds through His Spirit an unmistakable unity in this group.

Thank you all of you who signed up to be a prayer partner. I am so thankful for each of you! Thank you for the goodie bags as well. I don’t know about the rest of the group, but the high school boys enjoyed them. I teared up when I saw the sweet pictures and notes from my prayer partners, the wonderful Hall family.

We serve a GREAT GOD I am overwhelmed this morning at the greatness of our AWESOME GOD! I am so thankful that He has chosen each of us for His Kingdom’s work. I know I say stuff like that a lot, but seriously just thinking about it blows my mind and puts me in awe.

I hope you are all having a great Sunday afternoon. I pray that the Lord blesses each of you who read this today and you know His love.



No comments:

Post a Comment