6.08.2013

Liebster Award Nomination from Cassandra


Liebster Awards are so fun! If you are new and have no clue what a Liebster award is, read my first Liebster post here and see. Thank you so much to Cassandra from Sage the Blog for the Liebster award nomination! Cassandra is the most opinionated blogger I have read or watched (her vlog) yet. She lets you know it too and while we disagree on some things, we do agree on Jesus and that He is our Lord and Savior. He came to save us and make us new. I am thankful that God created us all differently and uses each of us for specific places in His kingdom (Romans 12:6-8). This is definitely true for Cassandra and I, but that’s the beauty of the body of Christ. We all have a different part in a perfect plan.


Cassandra’s Questions Answered:
1.     What motivates you to blog?
Telling others about a love that surpasses our understanding and encouraging other bloggers mainly.
2.     How did you get your first name?
That’s a great question. I am sure my parents have told me before, but I never cared. I was just going to be weird and myself and not let anything influence the “Lacy” that I was going to be. Jesus kind of wrecked that for me, but in an awesome and wonderful kind of way.
3.     What do you think about the phrase, “Let go and let God.” What significance does this statement hold for you?
It should be how we live. It’s funny how as Christians we so often have to come back to simple things such as this simple phrase. But it holds so much weight in how we ought to live our lives. It’s a lot harder to live out that statement in true obedience because action follows letting go, than people think, on the same hand it’s more rewarding than we can imagine or express.
4.     What is your opinion on reality television?
I don’t watch it.
5.     Public school or homeschooling (even if you aren’t a mom) and why?
I just had a conversation about this on Thursday. I always said I would NEVER homeschool my kids. However, if that is what God calls us to in the future, I wouldn’t hesitate. If I had the choice, I would probably have my kids in public school, just because I think it would be such an opportunity to teach them to be in the world and not of it. Also, I think it’s a great mission field.
6.     Today, a church is sometimes portrayed negatively. What do you think we, as Christians, can do to change that portrayal?
While I agree that it is most definitely portrayed negatively, and that breaks my heart. I don’t think it’s anything we can do to be honest, above just following Jesus, for real. I think (and I am going to sound judgmental, sorry) there are a lot of “Christians” who claim it, but don’t follow in obedience and the enemy uses that as a huge foothold. There will always be Spiritual warfare and sin in this world until the day Jesus comes back. We are all human and the people who judge “the church” for being judgmental are just as guilty of that by negative assumptions or false pretenses that because we follow Jesus, we should be perfect. They misunderstand that we’re being made perfect; we aren’t there yet, while we should hold ourselves and others accountable to living out our faith.
I think too, it’s important to remember that we will be slandered and people will revile us for our good behavior in Christ (1 Peter 2:21; 3:13-17). We will be persecuted for His name’s sake. We will share in His sufferings and look at all that He went through.
I do think we fail at loving people, miserably, but we can’t change that on our own. That sounds harsh, I just mean as a whole, we fail at it. GRACE! Lacy! Grace! Remembering grace for all of us too!
So, I would say maybe the way to change how we, the church, are portrayed is through complete surrender to the work Christ is doing in us DAILY and allowing His love to move though us, and in the cases of persecution and slander, simply responding in love (Romans 12:9), remembering that it is God alone who has the power to change hearts and minds.
7.     Can we pray for you? About what specifically?
YES! THANK YOU! We are going to be on a mission trip this week. I could really use prayer for some supernatural rest in the Lord this week. I know I will have to lean on Him in that area.
8.     If you had unlimited funds, what is the FIRST thing you would buy?
To be honest, I have absolutely no clue, I would ask Caleb what to do.
9.     What is your favorite Christian charity? Why?
I don’t really have a favorite. But while we’re on the subject check out www.777water.org
10. What is clinical psychology? (This one is for my own entertainment, many people have misconceptions about what it is and I am going to fix that in a future post!)
Clinical psychology is a profession for psychologists who are qualified to diagnose behavioral and personality disorders.
Or a profession that has to memorize the entire DSM- that’s just a joke, but fo’ real! Haha
11. If you were to have five minutes with God, what would you tell Him?
Not to get super technical but five minutes with God happens here and now, but if I were face to face with Him, I don’t think I would have words. I think I would be in awe.

11 NEW Facts about Lacy:
1.     I used to want to be an astronaut growing up; the first book I ever bought on my own was from NASA.
2.     I love reading
3.     I used to wish I was a mermaid like Ariel
4.     When I was little for a long period of time my favorite books were Anne of Green Gables
5.     I am daily in awe of how the Lord blesses me
6.     I am literally craving ice cream right now, fried ice cream – It’s 1 a.m.
7.     I like using spray paint on random things like pieces of wood and using them as decor
8.     I have used the same laundry hamper for 6 years
9.     I used to have a hamster named Khalila after the Veggie Tales character Khalil.
10.     I never met my mom’s dad, but I wish I had
11.   I think doing dishes is the worst thing ever! HA!

My Nominees Are:
Tiffany from The Dwelling Tree
Whitney from Miss Mama Me
Francesca from The Happy One
Christina from Sunkissed Tangles

Lacy’s Questions:
1.     Why do you blog?
2.     Is your main job blogging or do you have a “real job”?
3.     If you could only eat one thing the rest of your life it would be…
4.     Describe yourself in 6 words.
5.     What is your cure for “Bloggers Block”?
6.     What is the best book you’ve ever read?
7.     Weird question: If you were something in nature (tree, flower, cloud, etc.) what would you be and why?
8.     What is something the Lord has taught you recently?
9.     Beach or Mountains?
10.    Do you have a favorite lifetime memory? What is it?
11.   If you had to pick a famous person to be a prayer partner for who would it be and why? (Side note: you should totally do this).


No comments:

Post a Comment