9.10.2013

Pin-chilladas, Shane & Shane, Worship Through Song, & A Lot of JESUS

Last night, we had Shane and Shane come to Weatherford to do a concert, and what a blessing they were! 

I started off the day being a little bit more focused on a Blizzard, they are buy 1 get one for 99 cents right now. I called Libby after I had my quiet time and asked her if she wanted to go to DQ.  Then I talked to my wonderful boyfriend who said nothing about the concert, honestly at this moment I don't even remember what we talked about yesterday morning. After we got home I called Caleb to ask who know's what and that's when it hit me, "The concert is tonight!" Which I knew, but had forgotten until that moment and immediately went into "crazy-mode."

I had planned to do fajita's for dinner, but I didn't have time to defrost all the meat and didn't have all the stuff I needed at the ranch, which meant I had to go to the store. So, I decided if I had to get groceries anyways, I was going to make something else because honestly, fajita's get old. Out here they do anyway. I played around on Pinterest for a while and finally found a recipe I liked. I wrote down the ingredients, packed the ice chest, and got ready to go.


We stopped at the church so I could get money from Caleb and then headed to the store. Fellipe decided to go with us. It was his first grocery store experience in America and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. So, it was probably awful. He was extremely helpful though and I appreciated him going with us! We got all the ingredients that the enchiladas called for (a few that I added to it) and snacks for the "Green Room" and the "Volunteer Lounge."


Libby convinced me that we needed to stop by Starbucks because Fellipe had never had iced coffee before and she thought he needed to try an iced white mocha with no whip. I also tried it. NOT A FAN! I'll stick to asking for surprise drinks.

We got back to the church and I went on a rampage to get everything done. Rebekah helped me, and had she not been willing to do everything with me. It would have been an epic fail! I was so so thankful that she asked to help! We got everything set up just in time. Shane and Shane were a tad bit late and I was so thankful for that too! The Lord just worked it all out, in perfect timing. Seriously though, we brought dinner up right as they were walking in.

During the concert one of the Shane's shared some of what the Lord has laid on his heart recently and it was just some good solid we are sinners but Jesus is so wonderful to love us and pursue us awesome truth! He spoke these verses over us and just shared some testimony about what they meant to him,

"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal,invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:15-17 




He talked about how he sees daily that the Lord's perfect patience is shown and as well, it should be in all of our lives. They were such a blessing to hear from last night. I know this might sound dumb and some of you may not understand, but for part of the concert I got to sit (and stand) next to Caleb during our worshipping through song (I say through song, because I believe worship should be our lives Romans 12:1-2 are great scriptures to read to remind yourself of that, I know I have to daily). It's different when he leads worship and he's on stage and while we are still worshipping together, it was just different tonight. To be standing with him and freely giving thanks and praise and honor and ALL the glory to God in all of it, with him, because I know without any doubt that he desires and was in that moment desiring to glorify God it was just kind of awesome, and different. I was thankful for that time last night to be able to worship together. The Spirit was heavy and moving last night, I am praying that He continues His wonderful work in all the people who attended the concert last night. 

God is so so so so so good to us. He not only gave His son as a good, pleasing, and perfect sacrifice for the atonement of our sins, but He daily works in our lives because He desires to show us His unchangeable purpose in our lives (Hebrews 6). He promises us an abundant life and tells us that He will continue His work, in fact, He will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1). He works all things for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose (Romans 8). I am overwhelmed at the blessings I have received today. God is so good! As Keagan would say, "God is good! All the time, God is good!"



 photo bannerfans_7519003.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment