5.15.2014

Honest Truth About Blogging #2


I don't know about all of you, but blogging is one of my favorite things to do. I know I have said that many times, but it's true. You know what else is true about blogging?

It's not always fun. Yep, I said it. I have read so many blogs that say things like "don't blog if you don't enjoy it," "it shouldn't feel like work," yada yada yada. I'm going to be brutally honest. I don't always love blogging. It's not always enjoyable. Sometimes I post things that are hard to write. Sometimes I post things that aren't peachy and pretty. Sometimes I sit down to write a post and literally, my mind goes_______________! Completely blank! No joke! Ever been there?

I sat down just yesterday to write a fun post about the lake and the things that the Lord revealed to me while I was there and just the fun stuff I did and when I sat down. Nothing!

Days like that are not fun. Days where I have a billion thoughts going through my head and absolutely everything I type leads me to another thought and I can't type fast enough to get it all out. Not only can I not get it all out, but I can't organize it at that moment, and when I get done typing, I am so worn out that I don't want to go back and read all the jumbled mess that I just wrote out.

I know that a huge part of blogging and keeping your readers engaged continuing to post (most people suggest that you post at least two times a week) however, that is difficult sometimes. I know that life gets crazy, busy, and you don't even care to write sometimes, but you do it anyway just to "keep readers engaged," but I have to be honest. I don't think that keeps them engaged when you just write random nothing and post it to get views, engage people, etc. I think this honestly draws them away from your blog.

I have been guilty of this and I totally bought into the lie that I had to post something not to lose readership, followers, fans, etc., but the truth is, your content is key! Don't just post random junk. I will be the first to admit that I have posted junk. I made an editorial calendar and then, just because next week has three post ideas and deadlines, I would normally try to write them all out and get them done, but I am learning that CONTENT is seriously the key to post success!

What is post success? Well, that depends on your own personal beliefs. For me, I count success in posting as sending something out into the world wide web that is potentially beneficial to someone, keeps with the theme of things on CTB, encourages, builds up, and speaks truth. A successful post is one that doesn't necessarily have 10,000 views the first ten minutes it's posted, but you can be content and happy with the content you put up.

Happy Typing bloggers!
 photo bannerfans_7519003.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment