5.16.2013

Liebster from Rebekah

Liebester Award. I have found how these can be ongoing, but I love all the different questions. So many of you already know about the Liebster because I posted about it and you can read the rules and such here. THANK YOU Rebekah for the nomination!


Before I answer the questions, I just want to say that, for real, if you haven't read Rebekah's blog, do it! If you want to read a true love story about a man and woman in this day and age, here you go. I used to not be the type of person who ever even thought about marriage or love or any of that "non sense," but now only because of the Lord's love in my life and His blessing me with people like Caleb (whom, I love so incredibly much) and Rebekah, who taught me the saying, "I love, love" which I honestly had to re-read the first time she text that to me (0: But I now get it and I love how she really does love, love. It's so cool because I have been reading so much about love lately and what it really means to love and truly love which we can't do apart from Christ in us. And if you could see Rebekah's face when she talks about love, I believe that is what God created love to be like. I mean, we are called to be the light of the world and go and tell people about Him and His love and also supposed to love them, unconditionally and without expectation. That's kind of what I think about when you mention the word "love" to Rebekah, everything about her lights up, that's what it's supposed to look like. I love her so much, I should probably be on my way to meet with her right now about Backyard Bible Club stuff, but I will get to that as soon as I am finished telling you how great she is, and she would probably be upset with me here if I told you she was just great and didn't mention that it is ONLY because Christ lives in her that she is great, and she is. Seriously, one of the most humble women of God I know. I love how in her post she says I challenge her, because really she challenges me. She has such a gentle and loving spirit and the Lord is always evident in her life and in how she carries herself. I am honored and blessed to call her a friend and sister in Christ. She is truly a blessing to me.

Rebekah's Questions Answered

1. What is your favorite place to shop and why?
My favorite place(s) to shop: Home Depot, because I love making things. Dollar Tree ummm.. everything's $1 and Belk, I love the people there and they always have a sale going on, plus, I like to just go talk. 

2. What is your favorite place to go for a bite? 
Abuelo's or any good sushi place

3. What is one thing the Lord has taught you lately? 
That I can't love people on my own. If I truly do love them, I will rely on His love to work through me, and not just try to "love" them the way I think I know how, because His ways are better and higher and greater and well He is Love, so that trumps Lacy's "love" 

4. Would you rather drink only water for the rest of your life or eat only salad? 
Can the salad have fish and lots of cheese in it always? If so, I choose salad. If not, water (can I use the little Snapple packets occasionally?)

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
That is such a hard question, In the next five years I see myself married to the most amazing man that I have ever met, who loves Jesus more than anything and being where ever God calls us to be, doing whatever God calls us to do, and praying that in everything we do, that God is getting all the glory. 

6. What do you like to do in your free time?
Blog, Do Crafts (Caleb calls them craps…not funny!) Read, Write, & Think

7. What is your dream vacation?
Oh my! I have no idea, I want to go everywhere, I guess I have always wanted to go to Courchevel or Israel 

8. Favorite album lately? 
Kari Job's Donde Te Encuentro (No, I don't speak Spanish, but I like to look up the lyrics and see the difference in the English version) OR 
I have been listening to Sarah's last album again. The lyrics are just so good!

9. How would you describe yourself in 6 words?
Blessed. Chosen. Weird (Van told me quirky and weird are interchangeable terms for me). Stubborn (unfortunately). Real. Loved.

10. What are two of your favorite memories? 
1) Our family vacation that lasted like 2 months while we traveled and sang at different churches and places and the Facing the Giants Rally and then my dad took me to the Library of Congress!!! (0: (0: (0:
2) This past Valentines Day weekend with my favorite person. I talked more about that here.

11. How did you get in to blogging? 
I don't really remember how I even started my blog, I know I did it to share my testimony about how the Lord brought me out of utter darkness into His marvelous light, so that my old friends that I was living in such sin with could read the power that God has to change a life. But I don't know how I got to blogger or anything. 



My Nominee's Are:
Ariel at On A Whim

11 Questions from Lacy
  1. Why do you blog?
  2. Is your main job blogging or do you have a "real job"?
  3. If you could only eat one thing forever it would be____
  4. Describe yourself in 6 words.
  5. What is your cure for "bloggers block"?
  6. What is the best book you have ever read?
  7. Weird question: If you were something in nature ( tree, flower, cloud, star) what would you be and why?
  8. What is your favorite kind of music and why?
  9. What has been your favorite trip to ever take?
  10. Do you have a favorite lifetime memory? What is it?
  11. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted, money is no object, what would you do? Why?




No comments:

Post a Comment